30 April, 2008

Promotion

I smsed my boss that I got the letter from my VP today. He replied "All the best. AOs under him should move up fast."

It's unbelievable I just got a letter in February and then got another in April. Double promotions in such a fast track. Nothing to brag, but yup, it sure gave me this big boost of motivation, gratefulness and happiness.
I had wanted to celebrate my promotions within the vicinity of my office cubicle, working those loose ends that I'm not able to finish during the day. Minutes later, I got a sms from him, the guy from aircraft sales.

Him:" Wanna have dinner with me tonight?"
Me: "Hmm, not sure. working tonight. Maybe going off late."
Him:" It's okay. I can wait. You tell me when you're leaving the office"

Shit. He likes to do these kind of things to me. Alas, I finally relented. Logged off my work station and switched off the office lights.

We walked around after the dinner and went into the bookstore. He bought me a book as a gift for my promotion, as I told him she is one of my favourite authors whom I have read since my teenage years. One of the very few male friends that I have, definitely the one that you can laugh till your stomach muscle hurts, not afraid that you have chilli sauce dripping from the side of the mouth but most importantly, made you safe and comfortable in his company.

Everytime I visit the parent company, he always tell people "That's my sista!" Kinda good to have him around. The 6 feet tall guy with a big heart.


The silly things that we do when we're supposed to discuss about work.

No comments: