05 June, 2008

Loving planes

It's a nice feeling eating dinner together with your parents, at home. I came home early today, just hoping to spend some time with my parents and brother. Usually, when I've reached home, my mum will be in bed already, fast asleep while dad sits infront of the tv as usual waiting for me to come home and then retire to his room after I have stepped in.

Eating together as a family means the chance to talk with one another, sharing the days' events. Even during the weekends, it is hard to have time to eat with my parents, as there are always other activities to do or other functions to attend. I guess you cherish this warm moment if you are a family oriented person and I am happy to stay grounded in that sense.

Unfortunately, in the work state that I am in, it is hard to spend time with your loved ones. Yes, my working hours are regular; 830am till 530pm but since the work program that I am is a project basis, it is just tough and so you learn to juggle. I have given up in explaining to people outside work on why I am always busy at work, that is when the project has started. Some think that I pretend to act busy which is in fact far from it.

I would love to just leave work on the dot, go out with friends. I guess some close ones have stopped calling me because I am busy. I hate going home, sitting alone in the train after 8pm, reaching the west after 9pm and the routine starts over again each weekdays. With the management growing so cold even getting your leave to be approved by the bosses so that you could spend time with the family is so hard.

Nowadays, the hangars are so congested with planes of various airlines as the management is banging on the On-time-delivery (OTD) and then you, being evaluated on your key performance index(KPI). Some of us are just waiting for that final crack before blowing all up.

But with all these, I am still loving my job because I take pride in what I do. It gives me a sense of satisfaction as I challenge my intellectual abilities and capabilities with the people at work.

A girl who loves planes.

No comments: