Mr Keropok's name was blinking on my handphone. It's 10.39pm, doesn't he know that it is not office hours now? Thinking twice, I was wondering whether I should answer his call because I am so tired.
I call him Mr Keropok because he has this cramped face everytime I see him at work. He is one of the young LAEs who is at the same age group as me so we kind of get along with each other.
Him:" Don't worry, it is not about work. But rather about my personal life"
Me:" Phew. I thought you wanted to complain about something."
Reflecting back. I could still remember, him coming to my cubicle with this sparkle in his eyes. He wanted some privacy space and so, he sat next to me while I was busy replying my work emails.
Me: "What are you doing?"
Him: " I'm writing a letter to someone. Do you have pencil colours?"
Me:" You're in luck." As I opened my drawer to get my pocket of magic pens.
Me:" What letter are you writing about? Is that a flower you are drawing? So ugly."
Him:" Hey, this flower reflects me okay. Simply me." As he continued, colouring his daisy-looking flower in purple and brown.
Him:" Liza, have you ever like someone before?"
Me:" Yes, I have."
Him:" What did you do when you like someone?"
Me:" I tell him."
Him:" Yep, that is what I am doing today."
Apparently, he met someone he like. But he was afraid to take that step ahead. Probably afraid of being rejected. I told him that it was so fashionably old-school, telling someone that you like by giving her a letter, but I didn't want to admit to him that it was rather sincere and original.
I asked him who is this girl who has stolen his heart. " It is someone in this hangar." And so, I was thinking hard of all the names of girls that I know working in this hangar, it is not as if there are many.Less than 10, actually.
Then, he gave me a small smile as he wrote that one single name on the letter.
Today, I was telling him that work romance is hard as there are bounds of people who will see and ask. "No matter what you do at work, be extra sensitive and remember to take care of her heart." Both of them are my friends at work in the same hangar as me, two LAEs liking each other.
She accepted his letter. They are still friends because she wants to take things slow and steady before going to that big step. He has a failed relationship once and will not want to do anything to jeopardise this current one.
Well, Mr Keropok, I expect to see a smile on your handsome face now. Wish you all the happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment