27 July, 2008

Dinner

I was settling more deeply into my seat in my effort to make myself more comfortable after a scrumptious spicy meal at this fine dining posh North Indian restaurant at the heartland city area.

"You know, I brought my 1st boyfriend to this place." I can understand why as the atmospheric ambience is pretty romantic and soothing with the live performances of Hindi songs. The food and the music just brings back memories when I was in India.

"Yes, you told me before. The guy whom you flew all the way to Hong Kong before he met with his accident." Quite tragic but he was her first, greatest love. And now, she is married with someone else.

"What are they singing about? Quite nice." "It's about meant or not meant to be." "Oh ya?" As I continued, enjoying the serenading voices of the duets.

We chatted more and laughed as we reminisced on our travelling days together. "Can't believe we made the guys packed the meat for us in that Styrofoam box. "And, that guy took your sandals out of the car's boot so that you can wear it to the airport."

It was me who initiated the trip as I needed to get out of the country at that time. I had a friend studying there and she too had a friend training there. She made her friend introduce his group of friends to us, which was quite hilarious at that time.

"You know, the wife left him." "Well, he was doing things that he assumed that she can't do the same. A tic-for-a-tat, I supposed." "Already, he was flirtatious when we met him in there."

I just nodded at my friend but I think he loves her dearly. I saw them once together before, a loving couple. But with the nature of his work and the ladies as his work colleagues, I supposed jealousy fuels, broke her trust and hence fail their relationship.

He is still the same nice person, unfazed by the "glamorous" stereotype of his career.

"We should go out more, you know. You're always busy with your work."

With 3 weeks or so to go, my project work will soon be finishing as I told her that I will try to meet her once a week to spend time, chill out and relax.




Fremantle

No comments: