06 July, 2008

Into the working life (almost)


My brother will be starting his first day of industrial attachment tomorrow at a turbine overhaul company. I guess he was fascinated with my work in the aviation industry and being the eldest and big sister of him, I would feed him the latest information on planes and the newest aircraft technology.
Being an undergraduate of the Materials Engineering, he will be attached to do microstructural analysis of alloys; God knows what is that, heh.
He was particular in choosing his first outfit for tomorrow.
Him:"It states here casual clothes. So, I gather it should be polo shirt, jeans and my addidas shoes?
Me:" Why don't you wear something smart casual like that long sleeve with jeans and your addidas shoes?"
Him:" Are you crazy? I'm working in a production environment. It will be hot!"
Me:" Suits you. But first impression always count."
I'm proud of him.

No comments: