We met at the most unglamorous place and behaviour. In the Indian train of class C/C1. I was sitting down at my own deck of space, quite excited initial until I saw small cockroaches suddenly darting around below the compartments of the seats. Did I also see a gray coloured mouse? Sighing and grumbling silently to myself, wondering how I got myself into this as I pondered more on what could I do in order to survive that long 19 hours on the train. I'm left without a book, two of my friends are dead tired trying to entertain me except for my Ipod which will soon be dead without any battery charger to relive it.
A dark haired guy popped out of nowhere as he sat opposite to where I was sitting. He gave me a smile while I acknowledged back. Soon enough, the train had started to leave and continued its journey down west.
I'd noticed that he kept looking at me, probably wondering what this lady is doing on this train. " So where are you heading to?" I asked, finally breaking this silence space between us. " Going home, to Jodphur. I've been on the train for 52 hours from Kerala."
His dad had wanted him to take the plane but he had decided to take the train as he loves to experience the scenic view along the way to his hometown. Soon, we were on an amicable comfort with each other as he tells me about his software developing work in Kerala while I talk about planes with him.
I gave him my business card and told him to email me if he decided to come to Singapore. He was thinking of doing his masters either here or in the States. He told me to stop at Jodphur and see the blue city but I gently told him that we had already made plans in Jaisalmer.
The train compartment was dark as it was only 5am. Mirnal had purposely tickled me on the legs to wake me up as his stop will soon be nearing. My friends are still fast asleep; did I hear them snoring gently?
Mirnal:"So what are you thinking about"" You look so sad."
Me: "Someone back home. Someone dear to me."
Me:" Which one do you like best? Sunrise or the sunset?"
Mirnal: " Sunrise. Because seeing a beautiful sunrise will hopefully brighten up the day ahead."
Me:"Great answer." As I smiled at him.
I bide him farewell and then he was gone, out of sight. A kiddo nevertheless, still growing up to be a man.
My friends were curious asking me if anything happen between me and him. "Nope, there wasn't" As I firmly answered their curiosity. Then, I realised that I could fall myself into him, he was a very good-looking Indian bloke but grounded as I am, I was happy to say that I did not because I was looking forward to go home, looking forward to see that someone. Plans are to be made but now, the plans have been broken.
No comments:
Post a Comment