Ju: " You know you only marry once in a lifetime."
Me:" I know." I can't bear to look at her as I looked down, munching away my bits of fried chicken.
Ju:" I'm not angry nor frustrated, it's just that I am disappointed that's all. You did not come to my wedding and never even informed me that you went away. I'm supposed to be surrounded with my closest friends that day."
Me:" I didn't plan to just get away just like that. If you've known, you'd understand. It's rather been a long story."
I know I have been keeping my distance from her ever since she gave me that look. It took almost 4 months to be around her again because honestly, I was afraid that she is angry at me and hence, the long friendship break from each other.
Putting past histories aside, we had a good time catching up in the latest happenings' in each others' lives.
Ju: "You know the girls are talking about you. We all miss you."
It's so damn easy, telling someone that you are sorry on text messages, msn messenger, on emails but it is so damn hard to say those four-letter words and really meant it to the person face to face. The word was just at the tip of my tongue but I not able to let it out.
She showed me pictures of her honeymoon and her wedding gowns. She looked divine and classically graced. Always photogenic.
I'm sorry for being a bad friend, for missing the most happiest event of your life. Sorry for not being there, to be one of your bridesmaids as you have wanted me to be that day. I'm so sorry, Ju from the bottom of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment