I was listening to bits and pieces of the forum discussion that was shown on RTM channel awhile ago. The agenda was on the aftermath ruling of the ICJ court that Pedra Branca belongs to the sovereignty rights of Singapore. Dr. Rais Yatim who is the minister of the country's foreign affairs wins my admiration as I agree with his conclusion that one should not be triggered with blind emotions which are not based with strong factual information and not knowing the understanding of international laws. He urges everyone to look back into the system, ensuring that the archives of important treaties and documents is kept whole and hence strong basis and proofs can be presented out in protecting the interests that the countrymen believe should be theirs.
In the Pedra Branca's case, ICJ court believes Singapore has a stronger case as it succeeds in presenting concise, top-notch evidences and hence the favourable outcome to win. As a Singaporean, I am happy with this victory decision and hopefully, this would not hamper the continuation of forging good ties with our closest neighbour. But then again, I think it is not wise to be bickering with an attitude of narrow-mindedness but rather tackle each individual issue with tactfulness and great diplomatic.
Is it true that guys would prefer girls who rather talk about stuffs other than the current world affairs and exchanging of political ideas? A someone who is submissive and does not like to contest or question. Well, I for one loves to have intelligent conversations. I think it's just fair to have a resounding exchange in point of views, rather than talking about complaints of work, shopping and the latest trends in fashion. A woman's knowledge is more than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment