Looks like Mr Penguin will be the new Vice-president for the division. It still tickles me when I pronounced his name. Him and his phony American accent. Oh well.
While waiting for everyone to settle down in the conference room, unconsciously I was looking at their hands, one person after another. Not bad, the avionics LAEs do practise a good personal hygiene of keeping short fingernails. Then, I was noticing the rings around their fingers. Silver and gold bands; did I also see one diamond stud on one of the LAEs' wedding band?
Looks like the younger generation who are married do wear bands on their wedding fingers while the older men don't. Both the Senior Foreman and the Superintendent are seen missing with wedding bands even though they are married. The Malays will be wearing theirs on their right hands while the non-malays worn theirs on the left. Even my boss wears his on his right hand. An interesting observation.
He came over to my cubicle after the progress meeting for a lazy chat. He is like a big brother to me, checking on my welfare to see if the guys at work have been bullying me. It's not as if it has ever happen but he is that nice. Most of the times, when I have work problems or anything that annoys or pisses me, he will be my listening ears. He just knows how to soothe me with his funny face expressions.
I was telling him that day that I am tired of reading between lines and people's body language if a guy is interested in me.
Me:" Why can't a guy tell me straight to the face that he likes me?" " I don't want to do mind-games anymore."
Raj: "Don't you know a guy can be shy sometimes."
He was telling me on how he wooed his wife, quite romantic. To be honest, I couldn't imagine him doing those things but I guess falling in love does wonders to a guy sometimes. It was quite a heart-warming moment as you see that smile on his face as he pridely talks about his wife.
Raj:" So when will you be getting married?"
Me:"I got myself into a complicated situation, unexpectedly. Probably still healing."
Me: " You go on dates and have free meals. The guys are attractive and you do have a good time but they are not the same, because at the end of it, you find something amiss. It is not the same." "I think there's something wrong with me."
Raj:"I don't think so. I think it's due to you still miss him."
I don't know how to reply him as I just gave him a sad smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment