Being a minority working in a large organization is difficult sometimes. You need to work more harder than the rest to prove your efficiency, productivity; suffice to say, your key performance index. More tough it is when you are a lady, thriving hard to stay competitive with the rest of your counterparts.
I was in my boss's office later in the evening. We were doing some billable and incurred manhours calculation needed to be shown in the presentation slides for the CEO. As usual, he was introducing me with mind-blowing formulaes as I try to keep up with his speed. We wanted to see how much cost revenue reached or profit margin we have obtained for the past 4 converted planes.
"You know, I had a talk with the SVP yesterday." " He wanted to send her first since DAW project is in crisis. But I told him to wait for a single person. You." "He thought that all the charts that I have used in my meetings were done by her. But I was telling it was you."
I was utterly shocked and saddened that my SVP thinks less of me. "Why did he think the charts were done by her?" He further explains. "She knows how to impress but knows nothing." "I told him PTF team can only go until we wait for you to finish all the necessary costings and post-mortem PTF planning things that you need to wrap up."
"Maybe you should let her do my planning charts from now on." A firm No was heard from him.
I will like to think that my boss is still a fair person.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I am amazed on how much I need him to be available in my life. Probably because we are spending too much time with each other. I was looking forward to leave the office and meet him but due to the presence of my colleague, we couldn't.
Probably because of me, he is patient with her. "Why are you so nice to her?" "Cos she is my colleague." Lately, everytime he comes to the base, I noticed that she likes to blatantly presents herself to him in a manner that is forceful just to catch his attention.
I like to tease him, saying that probably she likes him. It just makes me smile when he gives me that irritating look as he objects to the statement I made.
I suppose my colleague is not very situationally smart, could not sense in seeing two people just want to have private moments alone. But then again, she never IS smart. Heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment