08 August, 2008

Remember

I know I have been updating my blog on a regular basis. Just writing on what I had went through, to make me remember the emotions that I had felt during those moments.

I was mad at him. So mad that I refused to see his face even throughout the meeting. It was hard as he was sitting diagonally to where I was siting but he made his laptop faced me, so he was at my direction the whole time. I guess he felt the ignorance from my part, but stubborn enough that I just can't bring my eyes to meet his.

20 mins later, he was speaking out his views which then, I had to look at his face. So much confidence as he explains to the board what the customer will want to see after the flight test. Instead of focusing in what he has to say, I was observing his face, his eyes, his hair and his mouth. Momentarily, he caught my eyes and then, he gave me a sad look. Do people act childishly when you angry at a person plus stressed with work?

He brought me to eat Korean food for dinner since he knows I like Korean better than Japanese. "Funny, you ate Indian food when you went to Japan." We talked about his travelling days to Korea, saying that kimchi will taste better over there since he saw me finishing a bowful of perserved cabbage alone by myself.

"Is your shirt tailored new?" He looked at me in the eyes for awhile and then looked down."Can't you remember? This is the shirt that you told me that you like." It's heart-warming that he could remember this and that tiny bit of details throughout our friendship together.

Unmasked beneath that arrogant hard face is a man who is so soft, gentle, kind and sweet. I'm glad I am one of the closest few to know him as that.

"I'll probably be going to Seattle in October." "Really? Then, we can't celebrate our birthdays together."

Yes, both of us are from the same zodiac sign. Is it not coincident?

No comments: