23 August, 2008

FTB

"Do dreams come true?" It was one day after. The final hours before tomorrow's event will take place. Tomorrow, I will be needed in another hangar to help them with the DAW project. According to my boss, the project is in critical stage, whatever planning systems done in PTF, to be used for the DAW project. "The CEO needs the PTF team to save DAW."

"You'll be a FTB tomorrow. I've settled everything with your boss." Huh? A sms I've gotten from him at 12.42am. Hecks, his sms woke me up, being a light sleeper I am. Today, I had to call my boss to excuse myself from attending the meeting since I will be going for the flight test.

"Ya I know." It was confusing that my boss knows about my FCF yet he wanted me to attend the DAW meeting.

Flight test was a very great experience. You get to watch the management pilots do their tests in the cockpit, see the view of tilted skies and observe the tail shaker as the plane surges upwards or downwards. One thing that I had to bear was the slight buzzing in my eardrums but this time, the Captain did not bring the plane to a certain level that causes the oxygen masks to be released out.

Then, the plane dumps a few amount of pink-coloured jettison fuel that looks like pink trailing line across the white clouds and blue skies. It was such a fantastic sight to me.

The cabin was wells-stocked with food and drinks, there were also few bars of chocolates courtesy from him. It was nice to see him working that day as he was the main coordinator for the FCF. Always full of confidence as he talks with the pilots, the customers, the LAEs and the performance engineers. I was just an observer for that day, just happy and grateful to be given a chance to be onboard.

I cannot deny or pretend about it but something happened while we were on the plane. But what more prove can I say, I made a personal request to him 3 months ago on wanting to be on the FCF. Fortunately, a customer pilot had decided not to come and hence, I took over his place.

"Finally, a FTB!" As he grinned at me. FTB is flight test babe.

2 comments:

Aku cinta kau dan dia said...

It must be a great experience :)

Liza said...

yep, it was a memorable experience :D

can't believe myself that I was so fortunate to be given the chance.